Sunday, July 7, 2013

A Liebster! Oh My!


I've been nominated for a Liebster Award! I must admit to feeling quite humbled by this and honored. Thank you so very much Terry. She's over at Sharing Divine Inspiration where she does just that - shares divine inspiration. Thank you Terry for thinking of me. Words can not completely express the gratitude I feel for being recognized. 

Liebster is a German word that means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, pleasant and valued.

Wow! Now you understand why I feel so honored.

This is an award with a purpose. It is given to bloggers with less than 200 followers to recognize their blog and encourage them to continue blogging. I feel so blessed to have been chosen to receive this kindness.

In acceptance of this award I am to:
1. Give 11 random facts about myself.
2. Answer the 11 questions Terri asked me.
3. Nominate 11 people for this award.
4. Make up 11 original questions for my nominees to answer about themselves.

I find I'm a bit excited about the whole process. Okay, here we go!

Eleven random facts about myself: (in no particular order)





1. I read. A lot! 
And a wide range of things. 
This is my current bedside reading.
(This doesn't include the stuff on my Kindle.)
(Or the audiobooks I listen to in the car.)



2. This year I started running with my daughters. 
We've been doing fun runs. 
Doesn't it look like fun?
(Bubble Run - I was covered in colorful bubbles. Refreshing!)

3.
My favorite part of writing is the research. 
I love to learn new things. 
A lot of the things I have characters do
                     comes from me wanting to do them too.
I think of it as a win/win!


4. I knit to keep my hands busy. 
Sometimes I even create my own patterns and designs. This is my latest work. 
A boyfriend sweater - 
         I haven't found the right buttons yet. 
                   I'm thinking elk horn? 
                             What do you think?



5. I like to travel - a lot. 
This year we are heading to London. 
I've never been there and have no idea what we shall do, but I'm thinking relaxed meeting of the people. 
      Any of my English blogging friends, feel free to give ideas.




6.  To be outdoors makes my day! 
                   Especially to hike 
                         in the mountains 
                               near the water. It's the best!



7. I love Caribou Coffee! The bad part is they don't have them in Arizona or California or anywhere I go - except Minnesota, where I only go once every few years. I'm so very jealous of those of you who can have a Dark Chocolate Mocha every morning. Yum!




8.
I also love tea, 
                tea cups and 
                       tea pots and 
                                everything, 
                                       and I mean everything tea.




9. I climbed this mountain. The Grand Teton - the one in the middle. The tallest one. Yep, me. Someone who was afraid of heights. There I am in the first picture climbing up, at the top, and then coming down. Yep. I climbed a mountain.




10. I have three dogs and several grand dogs. 
This one is my favorite, but don't tell the others.
I love her tongue!
         And the way it peeks out when she sleeps.
                                   Too funny.





11. I am someone who will not tell my age, mainly because I don't want a number to define me. 

And this last year, for no particular reason, I stopped coloring my hair. 

Am I an oxymoron?





My answers to Terri's 11 questions:

1. What is the first thing you do in the morning? I use an application on my phone called Sleep Cycle every evening. It records my sleep patterns. In the morning a chime gently wakes me. So first thing I remove it from between my sheets and record how I feel when I wake up.

2. What is the last thing you do at night? Turn on Sleep Cycle and place my Iphone between the sheets.

3. Do you have children? I have four children, three daughters and a son. All are grown and make me proud. I also have four grandchildren who are amazing.

4. What do you love to do? Spend time with my family. I have a fantastic and loving husband, great children, wonderful grandchildren, an inspiring father-in-law, and friends that are like family who are so much fun to be with. I am so very blessed.

5. Where do you love to be? Outside. Way far away from everyone else who is outside. Think me and wide open spaces. Or me and lots of trees. Or me beside a gently bubbling creek. 

6. Do you like to drive? I commute weekly from Arizona to California for work. It's five hours each way. I used to commute five hours each way for a job in Wyoming too. I don't mind driving, I could fly, so I guess yes. I like to drive.

7. What is your biggest dream? Everyone has a story. I have a desire to travel and meet people to listen to their stories.

8. What is your favorite animal? Coyotes. I'm obsessed. I follow the Daily Coyote and love her photos.

9. What is your favorite type of food? I'm a bit of a foodie. Right now I can't seem to get enough Indian Food. But Mexican Food is also a favorite.

10. Are you a morning dove or a night owl? I'm a morning dove who gets up while the night owl is still prowling.

11. Why do you blog? As a writer, the art of journaling thoughts is helpful to reducing blockage. Also as someone who loves photography, I find it to be a wonderful creative blend. 

The eleven blogs I am nominating:
1. My Life
2. Phamilyblog
3. 21 Wits, by Karen
4. Random Salvage
5. Knitalatte
6. The Artful Diva
7. Dip-Dip and the Bridge
8. Marie Angelique
9. Sweet Virginia Breeze
10. Midlife Poet
11. makingcardsisfun

My Original 11 Questions for the Nominees:
1. What does your creative space look like?
2. How do you create balance in your life?
3. Inside? Or outside?
4. What is your favorite tree?
5. Coffee or Tea?
6. What types of books do you read?
7. How did you come up with the title of your blog?
8. If I came to visit, how would I know what your favorite color is?
9. What do you do for summertime relief from the heat?
10. What is your best feature?
11. Flats, wedges, heels or boots?

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your award! And I very much enjoyed reading your responses to the questions and learning more about your life. Your family sounds wonderful.

    I so appreciate you stopping by. Wishing you a great week.

    G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the award. I loved reading all about you.

    Thanks for sharing!

    Nas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your blog award! I enjoyed reading your post and seeing a photo of your favorite dog. I too enjoy tea and teacups!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I treasure each and every word, so please leave one or two.