Sunday, May 2, 2010

Girls Night Out

My daughters and I went to the mall last night. I was looking for a new watch.

I'm not much of a shopper and have on more than one occasion expressed the opinion that I needed a personal shopper. My youngest daughter routinely fills this position for me - happily I might add. So off we go to the mall. After trying on a full dozen watches, my youngest finds the one she wants to buy. I, of course, can't make up my mind. Finally, after trying them all on one more time, I'm able to reject a few.

Meanwhile, my middle daughter quietly watched on. They each picked out the ones they liked for me, none of which were the same watch. Ugh! I hate when that happens. Insecure is the word that comes to mind, which is sooooo very funny when you think about it, because I make decisions, important decisions every day, but I can't figure out what to wear. Anyway . . .

 Finally I pick "the one".

My youngest is already purchasing her new watch and filling out an application for a part-time job. She'd actually be really good, she has a watch fetish. Which means she has enough watches to wear a different one each day for two weeks.

All in all, the outing has proven to be more difficult than imagined in some ways. As we left the mall, my youngest says to her older sister and close friend, "You know if we were on reality T.V., you'd be on L.A. Tats and I'd be Housewives of Orange County."

My middle daughter laughed. "You're right. We are so different! How did that happen?"

And while I can see they are as different as can be, they are unique and amazing. They each, for me, are a blessing I'm forever grateful for having in my life.

Thanks for the hugs, the laughs and the late night talks. I love you both to pieces.





8 comments:

  1. ha ha! my youngest is addicted to LA ink!

    enjoy your watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Real friends are really rare...I am so happy you have some and you had fun :)
    For the button. Grab the button..Copy it then go to your customize...go to add a gadget on the column you want it...go to HTML/javascript...paste in the content...save...then save on the top of page...see blog..Here you go it :)
    Thank you for entering my give away...:)
    XOXO
    frenchy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laughing at this post, my daughters too are as different as day and night! I can't imagine Amy even going along to shop if she knew it involved the mall. Funny how they can be sisters and so different! I'm so hooked on The Housewives, all of them. I just thank God my little world isn't remotely like that! Glad you found a watch...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee this story! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can never find a watch that looks right on my wrist. Maybe we should all just have personal assistants that can tell us what time is whenever we need to know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet story...I have 3 daughters and love our time out together..they are all so different but the same in so many ways. Hugs. xoxo Thanks for visiting me the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, do you have the time?
    You are truely blessed my dear. You must be a fabulous mom to have such fabulous daughters...yes, I do believe you are.
    Enjoy, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must confess clothing and matching confuses me, give me poetic language and an idea I can build on it for days. Tell me to match a watch to an outfit and I am lost and writing about it instead of locating that perfect watch. Thank goodness our family has a bountiful amount of skills and each one of us plays our part to keep it moving forward.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I treasure each and every word, so please leave one or two.