Tuesday, September 7, 2010

What I'm Reading

My youngest daughter asked me to join her book club.
I was so excited.
As a writer I love to read.
And I love to discuss with readers what writers mean
when they open their hearts to us.

This month we are reading this.
Supposedly, many African societies believe that people
are divided into three categories:
Those that are alive,
Those that are dead
and those that have departed the earth,
but are not truly dead
because someone on earth still remembers them.

Interesting concept.
The story is about a woman who is alive
and the people she knew who are dead..
Just so you know,
I'm enjoying it tremendously.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting concept, keeping a memory alive makes sense to me.

    What a sweet post you did previously about the blogs you visit... put a smile on my face because I feel the same way. Who knew?

    Finding blueberries around your house may not have been fun for you but was very funny from this side of the screen:) Hopefully nothing was ruined in the process!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowwwwwwwwwwww! This sounds AWESOME! :):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...that sounds really good. I'm always interested to see what people are reading, because I can never be without a good book. I'll have to pick this one up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heard of this book but it sounds marvelous!! Thanks so much for the tip and for your lovely comment. Really appreciate it. :) – g

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I treasure each and every word, so please leave one or two.