Thursday, April 1, 2010

Perspectives

I always find it so interesting how people see the same things and see them so differently.

Many years ago, while I was living in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, a friend of mine came to visit from the West Coast. There are very few routes into Jackson from the West, well from anywhere and my friend ended up driving in over Teton Pass.When she got to town she was shaken, in fact completely frightened. Her entire stay was difficult, you see the mountains made her uneasy. She was scared, thinking they could fall down. Crumble and then what would happen. I remember thinking how odd.



I'm editing another friend's manuscript and in turn, she's been reading mine. My character sees the Pacific Ocean for the first time and in the margin my friend from Wyoming wrote: "I remember the first time I saw the ocean. It was so flat and you could see forever. It frightened me. There was nothing to protect you. I couldn't wait to get home and feel safe again."

Soooo interesting!

1 comment:

  1. that is interesting...i will admit though....mountains scare me too! lol! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I treasure each and every word, so please leave one or two.